Come and get it! Befitting the finale of Gastrobogans Series 1 we chose an old family recipe – from the Russell-Clarke clan! We tracked down the perennially chirpy TV chef and patriarch, Peter for a chat. You’ll want to have a word with the bearded wonder too once you try his crispy drumsticks.
MAKE NAHOS CHICKEN LEGS AT HOME
If you have an appetite for more, try Nachos Chicken Legs for yourself – and subscribe to get Series 2 served hot and steaming the moment it’s ready.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- small tub of plain Greek yoghurt
- taco spice mix
- medium packet of crushed-up corn chips
- 1/2 cup of Coon cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll each drumstick in the taco spice. Get it good and orange, like an Ora-bronze commercial.
- Coat in yoghurt.
- Roll in tray of crushed chips and Coon cheese mix.
- Arrange on a baking tray.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until done.
DOWN THE HATCH
Olé! As the Mexicans would say – that is, those who aren’t turning their noses up at this hybrid version of a Mexican party snack. Raise a Mexican brew to help those corn-chip crumbs on their way. Corona, $21.50 for a six-pack. Don’t forget the lime for added Mexicanness.