Is it a dessert? Is it a lunch buffet offering? Either way, it’s baffling. A Gastrobogans fan sent this in and we were brave enough to try it. We may never be brave enough to try it again though. As suggested, we ate it with ham – the salt did help somewhat in offsetting the coma-inducing sweetness.
- Bag of pink & white marshmallows
- Small tin of pineapple pieces
- Small tin of mandarin segments
- Cup of shredded coconut
- Cup of sour cream
- Optional: Passionfruit (fresh or tinned)
- Using scissors (it’s easier, trust us) chop the marshmallows into quarters
- Drain both tins of pineapple and mandarin segments (who knew?)
- Mix all ingredients and present in a festive glass bowl for maximum impact. We topped ours with a bit of fresh passionfruit for a POP of colour and to feel like we were having some actual food.
DOWN THE HATCH
Even the phrase ‘marshmallow salad’ has a festive air and since you might be full of Christmas spirit and Christmas ham, go for a cheery glass of bubbles. Why not revisit your unwise youth with some Passion Pop? OK, plenty of reasons why not but perhaps the $5 price tag appeals? Cheers!